Friday, July 14, 2006

Arizona Blue - Gunfighter, in: "Lady in White": The Next Day [Chapter Three of Six]

Arizona Blue - Gunfighter, in: "Lady in White": The Next Day [Chapter Three of Six]


They had fallen asleep in the hay; the rooster woke Blue up in the morning. He shook her, to wake her. He thought as he gazed down on her stretched out body: I do lover her, be it lust or real love: what a beauty.

“You can’t leave town, Blue,” said Ella stretching her arms; “I’m going to marry you.”

Blue’s eyes opened up: “Spunky woman,” he answered.

Ella, almost in shock herself, acting like: where did it come from, smiled with a big huge grin.

“Do what you will with your life. I want to marry you and if you don’t you will never make love to me again,” said Ella with a self assured look.

Almost in disbelief, Blue looked at Ella, as if to say, is this for real? He felt close to her though, but no one had ever asked him to marry him, in such a short time, he thought. I’ve only known her for a day, he told himself, but what a night. Blue chuckled in the uneasiness and trying event, an event that struck him to the bones; as they put their cloths on. He then started thinking out loud, saying:

“Why not, I’m getting along in years, the trail is dusty, she’s young and pretty, can’t lose; nothing wrong with marring above you.”

“Why not then,” replied Ella with a soft smile, adding, “my father will go crazy but he’s been after me to get married for sometime.”

“Today,” said Ella, adding, “in a church!”

“You’re short and quick with your words, lady, but okay.” Her face glowed, and her smile was unbreakable. Then blue thought, did I really say that. What kind of madness is in me, in this. But he smiled at himself; then asked Ella, “Is there really such a thing as ‘love at first sight,’ or loving a person at … meeting a person, then falling in love, since it wasn’t at first sight, although you were attractive; to be honest, I’m getting all mixed up.”

Replied Ella, “Yesterday I would have told you no way, there’s no such a thing, but I’ve heard of stories with such beginnings, and ending: fairy tails that is. And so we are living in a fair tale romance. But it is good, so why break it apart, if it is destined to be let it be.” Then she added, almost spastically: “Can you stay alive long enough for me to buy and put on a white dress, and then get the preacher?” asked Ella.

“Sure,” answered Blue. “You go ahead and do all that while I go to the hotel and bathe and go over and get a shot of whiskey at the saloon. “I’ll meet you at noon at the church.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home